Saturday, 14 December 2013

Blog Reflection Week 15


Lesson 1: While my partner worked on the magazine advert I focused on producing the digipak using a software called fireworks. Using a template given to us, I had to select six images to fill in the sides. I found this process very hard as the pictures had to connote the artists brand effectively and so I had to be aware of what the images were connoting and if the content appealed to our target audience of 17-35 year olds. Also, the images I picked did not look right together due to the different types of lighting and the use of many closeups. So until I find an appropriate solution for the images, I produced the institutional logos and information in my own time. On the right is an image of what the digipak looks like so far.

Lesson 2: In this lesson I did research on popular RnB artists and what their digipak's look like. I really liked Rhianna's digipak and how one image was used across three panels. I found that it created a calm tone as it was simple and not chaotic with loads of images. The image below clearly shows how this technique influenced our digipak.













Once the top three panels were filled, everything else became easier and the digipak started to form. When all the images were in place, I focused on rearranging the graphics and placing the graphics in the correct area as well as re-sizing the graphics and institutional logos.

Lesson 3: Today I focused on the lighting by making sure all the images were consistent. I chose not to make the images too bright and vibrant because the dim filter connoted the artist as being mysterious. We felt this would grab our audiences attention as the artist herself shy's away from the camera, so the combination of the colour palette and images draws the audience in because they would want to know more about her and what she's hiding. I also produced the spine for the digipak today.

Lesson 4: Today is the deadline for the ancillary products - magazine advert and digipak. In lesson I did some research and found that CD's have information on them, so I added information on the CD's which was about copyright etc. To finish things off I reduced the opacity of the digipak as a whole, since the original colours were way to bold and sharp.

Lastly, as extra work and better visual I produced extra images of what the CD's would look like outside the digipak. Below are images of what the CD's.




No comments:

Post a Comment