Saturday, 21 September 2013

Blog Reflection 1


Lesson one: In lesson today, we were set the task of finding an artist and I found one called Cinnamon Brown! I then emailed her asking for permission to use her song 'I can't breathe'. 

Lesson two: Today's lesson focused on recapping what did in year 12. We thought about what technology we used during AS and how our skills progressed. Then we went on to think about how we were creative last year and created a blog post about it -http://kalkidanbrook7.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/creativity.html

Lesson three: So, today we learnt about key genre theorists like Steve Neale and an audiences expectations of a text. For more detail, check out my blog post about genre -http://kalkidanbrook7.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/genre.html

Lesson four: In this lesson we learnt about key representation theorists like Stuart Hall and his theory called ' Preferred Reading'. Check out my blog post about representation -http://kalkidanbrook7.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/representation.html

Who would you like to work with and why?

I have decided that I am going to be working with Lorelle Thompson. I have worked with her on many projects in the past, for instance in AS we made a BSR sequence together called ‘Maze’. I believe we work well as a team since our work ethic is very similar. Lastly, our vision for what we want to achieve with our music video is the same because we a common interest in the genre of RnB and Soul.

What are your hopes and fears about the project?

When I look at big budget music videos by artists such as Beyonce, I fear that when me and my partner have completed our music video it will end up looking tacky and won’t look as professional. Therefore, in order to avoid this I hope that when me and my partner come to plan our music video, we pick appropriate locations, costumes, chose an actor that can lip sync and move around confidently as if it’s their song. Also, I really hope we use a range of camera languages, especially movements! All of this will hopefully help me and my partner produce a realistic music video that portrays its genre well.

Who is your artist and How did you contact the artist?

The artist I hope to use is an RnB/Soul/Jazz musician called Cinnamon Brown. I found her on a website dedicated to unsigned artists – www.unsigned.com. She did not have many contact information, however I did some research and found out that she has a twitter account. So, I followed her and sent her message asking if I could use her songs for a school project.

No comments:

Post a Comment